Federal Skilled Trades Program

If you are qualified in a skill trade and intend to become a permanent resident of Canada, the Federal Skilled Trades Program is the most appropriate way to bring your intention into reality. You can apply to this program, using the Express Entry system. Of course, there are some requirements, you should meet to. So, get acquainted with the eligibility criteria.

You must:

  1. get offers from Canadian employer of at least one year in a skilled trade (eligible – NOC Skill level B), be attentive:the job offer must be from the same employer, as it is written in your work permit; or have a certificate of Canadian provincial or territorial authority, which shows your qualification in the skilled trade. There are some general categories, which include the eligible occupations. 90 eligible occupations make a large field of choice for the applicant:
  • Major Group 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades,
  • Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades,
  • Major Group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production,
  • Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators,
  • Minor Group 632, chefs and cooks, and
  • Minor Group 633, butchers and bakers.
(the list is presented on the website of Citizenship and Immigration Canada).
  1. have enough language skills in English or French: minimum score of Canadian Language Benchmark is 5 points in Speaking and Listening; and 4 points in Reading and Writing.
  2. have no less than 2 years of full-time work experience in a skill trade; or a part-time work experience (an equal amount).
  3. plan your future residence everywhere in Canada, except of Quebec, as there are its own immigration programs.

Some tips for you:

  • You can make your application to the Federal Skilled Trades Program both in Canada and outside it.
  • By the way, you don’t need to meet some education requirement for this program, as they are missing. But you can get the additional points for your Canadian post-secondary education under the Express Entry system.
  • You must be admissible to Canada.
Contact us for the additional information and further proceedings, connected with your applying to the Federal Skilled Trades Program