Canada Study Visa

Nowadays teenagers often dream about their study abroad. They want to leave their native home, to get some independence from their parents and prove their self-determination. But, this promising dream concerns not only to teenagers or young people. It’s never too late to study or to get the postgraduate education. Besides, it is very prestigious to get education in a high developed country. Canada is among the leading countries of this list. By the way, the tuition and living fees cost generally lower there, than in other developed countries.

So, if you’ve chosen Canada to study there, you have to get acquainted with the requirements of this your intention. Of course, you are interested in Canada Study Visa. Firstly, you should know, that it is necessary to get a study permit. It isn’t a kind of visa and you can’t fly to Canada only with this document. You can get the permit after being accepted at a Canadian educational institution. However, you don’t need a study permit, if the duration of your educational program is 6 months or less. Except of your permit, you should have an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), if you are a citizen of a visa-extempt country. The eTA will give you the right to board your flight to Canada. But, if you aren’t a citizen of a visa-extempt country, it is may be required to get a Temporary Resident Visa.

There is also a possibility to work in Canada while studying. You are able to work there during the period of your study under the following classes:

  • On campus without a Work Permit;
  • Off campus without a Work Permit (20 hours during thе study and more during holidays);
  • In Co-op and Internship Programs with a work Permit (work experience is a part of the curriculum here).

By the way, you may take your spouse or dependable children with you and they don’t need any study permit. Your spouse can work and children study at school in Canada, while you are studying there.

Canada Study Visa provides some stages. At the beginning of your way of getting education in Canada you have to:

  1. choose a program in designated educational institution. There are such kinds of programs: language schools, elementary and secondary (high) schools, college or university,
  2. count the cost of your future study in Canada. You must count the tuition, accommodation, other costs of living and return transportation for you and your family members, if you take them,
  3. get acquainted with the list of necessary documents.

Many graduates are eligible to apply for a post-graduate work permit (PGWP), which gives the right to work anywhere in Canada up to 3 years. This work experience may help to apply for their further permanent residency.

For the additional information about Canada Study Visa contact our consultants.